Wednesday, June 10, 2009

A little extra padding

I wasn't sure how to describe myself physically on my online profile.  there's not a whole lot of good choices. You can't say "who cares?" or "fat and proud." It's all quite annoying. I've been agonizing over my profile. I don't know quite how to put it all out there. I've never really online dated before. I'm a pretty private person. I once went out on a date with a guy that I met on craigslist, but it was because I bought his futon. Then he helped me christen it. 

2 comments:

Girl of True Heart said...

When I did Match, I left that body description blank. If I couldn't leave it blank, I said I was average, because let's face it, overweight is average these days. Then I made sure I had full body photos up as well as head shots that showed my eyes. Then I said something in my profile like "I'm at the gym 5-6 times a week" or "Exercise is an interest of mine" or "I'm Polish/Italian so I'm always countering those genes at the gym." Something realistic, light-hearted, but honest.

My personal experience with online (and it has been a few years) is that guys don't really read what you've written. They look at the photos, maybe read the first few sentences, see if you want to have kids or have kids already, and then they message you if they like you.

Let me know if I can help you in any way!

Anonymous said...

This blog have helpful content and information. Is there any formula to control diet and keep muscle tone with fitness? For more log on
Personal Trainer- www.just4ufit.com