Thursday, August 14, 2008

spinning today, heartbreak tomorrow

It's worse than you might imagine. No, it's worse than you can possibly imagine even if you might imagine the worse.
I went to another spin class. Another spin class.

who do i see at my spin class?


my ex.


let's call him Hasselhoff. Because he's hairy and cheesy and thinks he's larger than life. Anyway, the hoff was there with his girlfriend. Let's call her Tina. Because that's her name. Tina. Tina. Tina.

Tina is, oh, I don't know, 18 years old? And weighs, oh I don't know 85 pounds!? Anyway, they were there TOGETHER. In MY spin class. The Hoff saw me, and I think that he might have whispered something to her because she looked at me in that way when you're pretending not to look, you know, when someone says, "OMG, my ex is right behind you, don't look." And then they pretend that they're looking at the clock? Yeah. That's the look I get. And then she smiled. Not a smile at me. And not a smile at anyone really. It was a smile of smug satisfaction. One that says "i am thinner, younger, and prettier than her...."
biotch.

My instinct was to leave, but I stayed through the whole thing, but then hopped off really quickly at the end and ran to my car without showering or pulling my bike away. I'm kind of freaking out now. I wonder what I should do. I can't go back. But where will I go to work out. AHHHHHHHHH.

Oh. I know. I'll change gyms. That's what I'll do. I'll change gyms.

There's a part in me that wants to eat over this, but I really think that the hypnosis program is working because I don't feel like it's overwhelming. I feel like I can ride this out. Maybe a glass of wine, a bubble bath and my sex & the city season 6 dvd? I think that might help.

No comments: