Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Holy Crap- Honey! Who knew?


So, I had a weird thing happen today. I was standing in the kitchen, with my exercise clothes on, ready to go out to take a run. I hate to run... but I'm trying to learn to like it. Anyway, my roommate's jar of honey was just sitting there on the counter and without thinking about it, I opened the jar, stuck a spoon it and ate a gigantic spoonful of it. Straight. And then I stuck the spoon in and did it again. Whoah. That was weird. I don't eat honey ever. I don't even put it in my tea. Hell I don't even drink tea, just coffee with equal or splenda. Anyway... I jumped back when I realized what I was doing and put the jar back on the honey jar and ran out of the house for my run. Okay, so now here's where it got weird. I had the best run of my whole entire life. I ran for about 45 whole minutes without stopping even once! Then when I got home and clocked my run
I saw that I had run 4 miles! That's like 11 minute miles! I'm in shock! I thought that I couldn't even run a mile in 15 minutes. It was amazing. So then I googled honey for endurance and found out that I'm definitely not the first person to figure this out. Apparently, honey, because it's a lower GI food, has less of an impact on blood sugar, so it's more sustainable than simple sugars.

Apparently, it also helps with cholestrol and diabetes. Whoa.

Here's the weird thing, I think that the hypnosis is definiteley working now, because it tells me to know my body and trust my body to tell me what it needs I've been really trying to ask my body what it needs, but this time, I didn't even ask, it just kind of took over. I think that my brain is really changing, it's weird. That's the only way I can describe it. I guess my body knew that I needed honey for a run. I mean it makes sense, lots of people eat those things, like GU and gel which seems so gross to me, but I think that they are just like shots of sugar that give you a burst when you're exercising. It makes sense, I mean when you exercise, you burn carbs, so when your carbs are burned up, you start burning fat. That's why low carb diets make you lose fat so quickly. But that's also why exercising is HELL on a low-no carb diet. I'm eating moderate carbs these days I think. Maybe I'm not losing weight as fast as I want to, but I'm feeling so much happier and healthier and more relaxed than when I did no carb diets in the past.

No comments: